Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thoughts on UFC 97

I don't really blame Anderson Silva for fighting the way he did at 97. He was fighting a really dangerous guy in Thales Leites, a guy with considerably more bulk than him. Maybe Silva thought Leites was dangerous enough that he could land a good shot that could knock him down or out up until the end, and he couldn't risk that.

Now, that being said, he should've put on a better show. You can say he wanted to hold his belt until he retires (rumored to be sometime soon), or that he just wasn't on his game. But he's the champion for a reason, he sells tickets and pay-per-views, he should be trying to sell as many as he can, by putting up a good fight and knocking out his opponent if necessary.

On to Chuck Liddell... I know he's old, and I know he hasn't been doing good at all lately, but still, I love to see the guy fight, and I know he can still knock out some good competition. If anything, Chuck could still be a good "gatekeeper" to the UFC's LHW division. Maybe a fight with "Banha" Cane could be next. Although I don't see that ending well for Chuck either. But Cane looked good, and Chuck could be a good win for him to step up to that next level.

Anyways, that's it for now... Pacquiao/Hatton is this weekend, I'll be giving my thoughts on that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment